Admission to PhD Program 2019-20
The last date of receipt of application: 25th March 2019.
The date of KUEST and interview is rescheduled on 25th April 2019.
List of Ph.D. candidate
The Assam Kaziranga University Ph.D.Programme for the current Academic Year (2019-20) i.e. from January 18.
Disciplines- Chemistry, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Computing Science, Information Technology, Sociology, Social Science and Management
Eligibility criteria for the candidates to apply for the Ph.D programme: A Master's degree in Technology/ Engineering or equivalent, with a minimum of 60% marks or a Master's Degree in Science/ Social Science / Humanities with a minimum of 55% marks or equivalent grade point. 5% relaxation will be given for SC/ST and specially abled candidated.
The Prescribed Fees for Ph.D. Programmes is as following
- Admission Fes : Rs 20,000/-
- Caution Deposit: Rs.10,000/- (Refundable)
- Thesis fees: Rs.10,000/- (at the time of submission of thesis)
- Academic Fee:
1.a. Rs. 50,000/- per semester (For Engineering &Technology, Physics and Chemistry)
b. Rs. 35,000/- per semester (For Engineering &Technology, Physics and Chemistry candidates having 75% marks throughout his/her career Or NET/GATE qualified in last two year)
2.a. Rs. 30,000/-per semester (for others streams)
b. Rs. 25,000/- per semester (for other category candidates having 60% marks throughout his/her career or NET qualified in last two years)
The guidelines for admissions for Ph.D programme are as follows.
- Candidates shall be admitted in the Ph.D programme based on merit in written test and interview
- Qualifying candidates will be required to take an Entrance Test, Kaziranga University Eligibility and Scholastic Test for Research, KUEST followed by the Interview on the date.
Candidates who have cleared NET-JRF/LS of CSIR-UGC/GATE cleared in last 2 years in the relevant subject will get preference and shall be exempted from KUEST. They will however require to appear for the Personal Interview.
The KUEST will comprise of two sections for which the candidate will be given three hours to answer.
Section 1 shall be common to all the Applicants for testing the General Knowledge & Research Aptitude, covering questions from following areas and will carry 100 marks (in four sub sections of 25 marks each):
- General Awareness
- English Language
- Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative Data Analysis and Interpretation
Section 2 shall be Program / Subject Specific i.e. as per proposed area of Research / Knowledge area of the applicant (viz Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Information Technology, Chemistry, Physics). This section will carry 100 marks and will comprise of following sub sections of 50 marks each:
- PhD Programme (research interest area)
- Knowledge / subject.
Personal Interview will carry 100 marks.
The overall merit will be calculated out of 300 marks (Section 1, Section 2 & PI)
At the time of the interview: candidates are required to bring a research proposal, not exceeding 300 words, which will describe
- Area of study chosen for research
- Aelevance of the proposed research
- Reason for the candidate’s interest in this area
- Last date of receipt of Application: 25th March 2019
- Date of KUEST and Interview: 25th April 2019
Click Here for Application Form
For more contact:-
Dr. Sajal Saha - (+91) 9477240461